If you’re looking for a fantastic accommodation that’s convenient to both the Mourne Mountains and Newcastle, Donard Shadow Lodge is the perfect choice. Here’s why:
1. It’s based at the foot of the Mourne Mountains in the popular seaside town of Newcastle, Co. Down.
2. The owners wanted to offer a romantic getaway location which felt secluded but also close to town.
3. It’s perfect for two adults to share.
4. The lodge offers self-catering for two people with some little extras to include cereals, tea/coffee making facilities, toiletries, and a few little treats. It features everything you need to hide away for as long as you need (including Free-view TV and Netflix).
5. Nearby attractions include Newcastle, Tollymore Forest Park, Murlough Beach, The Silent Valley and Royal County Down Golf Course.
6. The lodge is open all year around except for a few days over the Christmas period.
7. The owners aim to invest in several more cabins that are able to accommodate not only couples but families. And their favourite things about Donard Shadow Lodge? It’s “close to town centre, romantic, open plan, and private.”
Find out more about Donard Shadow Lodge here.
Interested in having your business featured on Trek NI? Contact us to find out how.